Database systems are really at the heart of the information age and, while you can store information in a spreadsheet, for optimum performance and utility you're going to want to use a program powered by a database.
Creating a database begins with carefully examining the outcomes you wish to achieve and then creating the internal logic (business rules) that will drive the database.
- What information do you need (tables and fields)?
- How is that information stored (text, numbers, files- vchar, int, blobs)?
- How is the information linked (primary and foreign keys)?
- What security is necessary (who can do what, where and when)?
- How will you access the data (web, desktop, SQL queries, Crystal Reports)?
Spending a little extra time during the design phase and getting input from the proposed end-users will save a great deal of time and money on the back end.
If you already have systems, like a CRM or MIS, using a database, we can help make sure that your databases are optimized and, more important, backed up regularly.
Contact us today to find out how we can help with your database needs.